Interpedia participates in both CARA Carings programmes: the Carings programme and the Carings special needs programme (sn-programme). We register all our applicants in the Carings programme, but the applicants can simultaneously participate in the sn-programme if they wish.
Non-resident applicants of Indian origin have a priority in both Carings programmes.
- married couples and single applicants can apply
- duration of marriage at least two years
- the age of the applicants correlates with the adoptive child’s age
- the applicant family can have biological or adopted children already in the family
- good physical and mental health
- applicants in the sn-programme should have realistic expectations regarding the special needs of the child
Families are sought for children
- aged 0−10 years
- children in the Carings programme may also have minor special needs
Estimated waiting time
- approximately two years
- in cases of children in special needs programme the waiting time can be shorter
- the pick-up trip (approximately six months after the child proposal) takes about two weeks
Our cooperation contact in India
- Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA)
More information on India: Eija Kiiskinen, Senior Adoption Coordinator, eija.kiiskinen(at)interpedia.fi, tel. 050-469 9911.